If you would like to book an appointment with our English language service, please contact us via email. We will endeavor to contact you as soon as possible.
Making an Appointment
Third: Introduction of Examination
Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Amniocentesis, Chorionic villi sampling (CVS), Percutaneous Umbilical Blood Sampling (PUBS)Invasive prenatal genetic tests are important in genomic medicine. Dianthus staff have broad experience in conducting invasive procedures. Collected samples are processed in Sofiva Genomics and include karyotype, array CGH, and single gene disease testing.
- Genetic CounsellingGenetic counselling is an important process to give you a range of information about the nature, inheritance and implications of genetic disorders. Genetic counsellors can deliver accurate, complete and complementary services that meet your individual needs. From understanding and interpreting test results, at every step, our genetic counsellors will help you make the best healthcare decisions that will deliver a high standard of genomic medicine.
- Level II Fetal Scan / 3D 4D Fetal ScanUltrasound screenings enable doctors to monitor a fetus health development during pregnancy. Dianthus MFM Center use the latest GE Volusion E8 which offers the earliest screening available for Down syndrome, Level II fetal structure scan, and 3D/4D fetal scan. If an abnormal results occurs subsequent testing can be offered immediately.
- Down Syndrome ScreeningTraditionally it was difficult to recognise fetal abnormality before the development of maternal genetic diagnosis. However, the prenatal diagnosis technique and ultrasound image have now been improved, and play an important role in prenatal exam. Down syndrome is when you have extra genetic material in the 21st pairs of chromosome (people without Down syndrome have two copies of this chromosome). This may cause physical growth delays, particular facial features and mild to moderate intellectual disability. People with Down syndrome often require additional support from family and society. The improvement in Down syndrome screening is important to identify the risk early in the prenatal exam. Pregnant women now have a greater chance to be aware of down syndrome during pregnancy.
- Pre-eclampsia screening (Dr Lin, Tzu-Hung specialist)Pre-eclampsia is a life threatening condition and needs to be well managed. Dianthus Clinic research supports the examination of uterine artery blood flow, placenta growth factor (PIGF) and pregnancy associated plasma protein A (PAPP-A) indicates 95% of early onset preeclampsia before 34 weeks gestational age.
- Single Port Access Surgery, SPA surgerySPA surgery is for a gynecologic tumor in the Dianthus Clinic. The incision in the navel (belly button) is 1.2-1.5cm, and is scarless. SPA surgery is specific for patients with uterine fibroids, adenomyosis, ovarian tumors, ectopic pregnancy, ligation and laparoscopy.
- ImmunizationThe National immunization program is available during clinic opening hours. BCG program is on Wednesday mornings only.
- General Pediatric DiseasesDianthus clinic provide 5 pediatricians, that were trained by the National Taiwan University Hospital, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Mackay Memorial Hospital respectively. 7 day clinical service provided.
- Pediatric consultationThe Dianthus clinic provides various pediatric services. They include pediatric cardiologist, pediatric pulmonologist, pediatric infectious diseases specialist, pediatric gastroenterologist and neonatologist.
- Ultrasound clinicA high quality ultrasound is available for abdominal, brain, cardiac and hip joint echo. A comprehensive neonatal ultrasound can by booked on Thursday for the morning and afternoon clinic.
- Newborn jaundice testTranscutaneous bilirubinometer is used for testing your baby’s bilirubin level.
Breast Surgery Department
About Breast Medical Clinic
Breast cancer is the most common cause of death in Taiwan for women, taking the lives of approximately 12,000 women each year. The Health Promotion Administration and the Ministry of Health and Welfare promote free mammography every two years for women who are between 45-69 years of age. However, it is important to note that 25% of breast cancer patients are under 45 years of age. Over half of women have dense breasts and it is also important to note that the accuracy of a mammography can be affected by the density of the breasts.
Some women suffer common breast problems, such as general breast pain and problems related directly to breastfeeding. The Dianthus Breast Medical Center understand women’s breast concerns and therefore provide a high standard of medical care for every woman.
- Automated Breast Volume Scanner (ABVS)Mammography is the best diagnostic tool for identifying breast tumor, dense breast, and breast problems related to breastfeeding. The diagnostic accuracy, sensitivity and specificity of ABVS are higher than mammography. ABVS is a reliable image method to examine less than 1cm tumors and fibrocystic changes. ABVS provides a more detailed and clearer coronal view which shows the tumors structure and range clearly.
ABVS uses 3D scanning, which can identify pathological changes. You can also see your scanned images and reports on the Dianthus clinic app.
- Image-guided percutaneous biopsy minimally invasive breast surgeryA breast check-up is not only able to diagnose early stage breast cancer but also able to detect pre-cancerous tumors or benign tumors. The Dianthus clinic uses image-guided percutaneous biopsy technique as the best diagnostic tool for breast tumors. Sometimes it is necessary to remove benign tumors as it may develop into cancer during the follow-up period. Using the ultrasound image-guided minimally invasive breast tumor removal surgery, the surgeon only needs to remove breast tumor through a 0.5cm incision next to areola. During the procedure the imaging of the breast is used to detect the tumors location. Mild breast calcification can also be treated by this procedure. However, breast removal in a traditional surgery might be necessary if you were diagnosed with serious breast cancer. In terms of recovering breast benign tumors, minimally invasive surgery is a preferred option. Before the procedure, your physician will discuss with you the treatment and care plan in detail.
- Breast disease related to breastfeeding and pregnancyDuring pregnancy and the breastfeeding period physical changes such as hormone changes, increased blood flow, veins and pigment changes might mask the signs of breast precancerous tumors. Therefore a combination of regular breast health checks, mammography and ABVS are all important for screening measures for prevention.
Body Aesthetic Center
The birth of baby is a momentous occasion in a women’s life; it is a joyful and sweet precious gift. Following childbirth, it is common for women to find their body does not return to its pre-birth state, even after postpartum exercise and Kegels. The Dianthus clinic understand a woman’s concerns around this issue and we therefore offer a specific service for women who wish to address their physical beauty. This includes post pregnancy plastic surgery, skin treatment, cellulite removal and vaginal rejuvenation.
- Ultherapy and Thermage CPTLift up mild to moderate loose skin, makes you look younger.
- Coolsculpting and LiposonixOne of the most common non-invasive procedures which aims to reduce unwanted fat on a specific part of the body.
- Vaginal tightening laserThis procedure effectively addresses a wide range of feminine wellness issues. It aims to improve incontinence and intimacy with your partner.
Pregnancy hormones stimulate many kinds of growths; hormonal fluctuation can affect the skin. There is a number of skin changes associated with pregnancy. Common skin conditions during pregnancy generally can broadly be divided into 3 categories; hormone-related, preexisting, and pregnancy specific. Most skin conditions are resolved after childbirth and only require symptomatic treatment. The general safety information of dermatological medication during pregnancy and lactation can be difficult to locate and are not consolidated in a single guide for clinicians. The Dianthus clinic provides excellent skin treatment, personalized care and advice based on contemporary medical evidence and use FDA pregnancy labelling guidelines for women and children.